Fire & Safety Assessor
4 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £32,094 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
Hours of work
The role and person
This role is about being our Fire & Safety expert for the delivery of regional fire and safety assessments to ensure our customers are kept safe from any potential fire & safety hazards.
We are looking for someone who has a detailed knowledge of fire & health and safety legislation, who holds NEBOSH General Certificate, NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate (or equivalent) who can provide an expert service to ensure all aspects of safety are adhered to.
Based from our head office in Baildon, your remit will be Yorkshire covering the M62 corridor.
Your core role and focus is to ensure that all fire risk assessments and health & safety inspections within your area are completed and recorded within agreed deadlines and that resulting remedial work is completed according to target.
You will forge strong links with customer safety colleagues and provide fire safety, health & safety and customer safety advice and support to ensure customers are safe and secure in their homes.
As Fire and Safety Assessor, a typical day might include:
- Providing a homes safety advisory service to your designated Accent region with the aim of ensuring that our customers are safe and secure in their homes
- Liaising closely with colleagues to ensure that homes safety arrangements are implemented
- Assisting colleagues in understanding their individual homes safety responsibilities, and encouraging a positive safety culture
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation and the likely impact on Accent
- Liaising with managers to ensure the continual development of homes safety (including fire safety) policies, procedures and safe systems of work
- Carrying out an agreed programme of fire risk assessments and health & safety inspections in domestic and commercial premises, providing reports in a timely manner
- Ordering and programme managing fire risk assessment and health & safety inspection remedial works through to completion, including liaison with contractors, post inspections and fulfilling evidencing portfolio needs
- Ensuring cyclical fire risk assessment, health & safety inspections and resultant remedial works activities never fall overdue
- Conducting asbestos survey programme re-inspections where required
- Working with contract management teams to ensure Construction Design and Management (CDM) and Health & Safety construction regulatory obligations are fully met on all appropriate construction works (repair, upkeep, redecoration or other maintenance of buildings and maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, gas or similar services which are normally fixed within or to a building)
- Supporting colleagues to hold active and meaningful regional health & safety forums
- Where requested by the health & safety team, visiting site to investigate accidents, incidents and near misses within your designated region and providing investigation findings
- Assisting in fulfilling Accent obligations under RIDDOR
- Delivering homes safety (including fire safety) training to colleagues and / or contractors
- Ensuring that our customers are safe and receive the best possible service through working in partnership with customer safety colleagues and the Health & Safety Change Manager
- Taking action to ensure that relevant legislative requirements are met, homes safety (including fire safety) best practice is in place and customers are safe and secure
- 1 Month
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme