Asset Charging Manager (Legal & General Affordable Homes)
Created in 2018, Legal and General Affordable Homes are a commercial business with a social purpose. We focus on injecting institutional capital into the affordable housing sector to build good quality homes and deliver a great customer experience.
Our commitment is to increase the much-needed supply of affordable homes in England and provide best-in-class customer service, putting customers at the heart of our business, listening to their needs and delivering services which matter to them most.
To help the business deliver on this ambition the business is recruiting an Asset Charging Manager to join the team and take primary responsibility for monitoring and reporting on LGAH’s security position.
Principle responsibilities will include:
- Work with lenders, lawyers, valuers, security trustees and other stakeholders to ensure accurate records are maintained and compliance requirements are met with regards to all relevant activities and to manage security projects in a timely manner whilst delivering best value for the organisation
- Work with the Financial Controller to agree policy, processes and procedures with external and internal parties to release or reallocate properties from security pools in order to sell properties or maximise the debt raising capacity of LGAH
- Ensure the asset covenant requirements of LGAH’s finance agreements are met providing compliance certificates and ensuring that timely property valuations are carried out for both loan covenant and year end loan compliance reporting purposes
- Identify key stakeholders within LGAH, educating them as required, to ensure all information needed for debt raising or compliance reporting is available and can be obtained within the defined timeframes
- Assist in the production of high quality data to provide to investors, credit agencies, potential lenders and other stakeholders including dataset analysis and security reconciliations
- Arrange property security for any new or restructured debt facilities, or drawdowns under existing facilities liaising with lawyers, security trustees, property surveyors, valuers and other stakeholders to ensure that required properties are charged and valued in line with agreed deadlines to support the raising of new finance
- Act as a subject matter expert within the security area and provide advice and guidance to the business as required
- Work with the Financial Controller to maintain and populate the Asset and Liability register
- Prepare monthly reporting and develop procedures for the charging position of LGAH assets identifying values of charged and unencumbered assets.
- Strong academic background
- Qualified accountant, lawyer or property professional
Affordable Housing / Registered Provider or other housing sector experience and knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience of working within a finance department and using finance and property management systems and databases
- Experience in property debt and security arrangements.
- An ability to work in a start-up environment and establish processes and controls
- An understanding of accounting and finance with an understanding of financial products, accounting policies and procedures and basic corporate finance
- An attention to detail
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead for further information.