KNH is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) set up in 2002 as a not-for-profit Kirklees Council-owned housing company. At KNH we manage approximately 23,000 council houses. We have a long history of involving tenants and residents in the decisions that affect their homes and communities; and we have always been about more than bricks and mortar.
Kirklees Council`s Local Plan was adopted in February 2019 and sets out the council`s ambition to deliver over 30000 new homes by 2031 including 1000 new council homes on existing sites within in 10 years. Kirklees Council is committed to meeting local housing need, delivering, quality and innovation in construction to establish communities and create places where people want to live.
This post represents and unprecedented opportunity to be part of the team that shapes and delivers new mixed tenure housing on council sites across Kirklees.
We are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking Development Manager to join our Asset Management Team who will take the lead in developing a long term pipeline of new council housing.
The postholder will have overall responsibility for the delivery of new council house development. Providing effective leadership and management of the service, you will be responsible for identifying, appraising, securing and developing a pipeline of housing growth in line with the organisation and the Council’s strategy while managing ongoing projects.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management and working other Senior Managers within the Service and the Council; you will ensure that the overall objectives of the Service, Directorate and Organisation are achieved.
The key outcome for this role will be to successfully develop and deliver a pipeline of new council housing on existing council owned sites across a number of tenures.
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- On-site parking.
- Flexible and agile working arrangements.
- Access to a range of well-being support and lifestyle benefits initiatives including but not limited to; employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, flu vaccination for ‘frontline’ staff.
- Access to pool cars.
- Mileage allowance for using private vehicle for work related.
Please send your completed application form to KNH.Recruitment@knh.org.uk or returned by post to KNH Human Resources, Perseverance House, St Andrews Road, Huddersfield HD1 6RZ by midday Friday, 1st November 2019.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Asset management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield
- Development / regeneration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Huddersfield