Income Officer - Home Ownership & Intermediate Housing
Octavia believes that good homes make for better lives.
We aim to build happier lives and resilient communities by providing a responsive, supportive and effective service to all our residents, irrespective of tenure, with staff committed to integrated working within and across teams to deliver on resident priorities.
Due to our growing Development programme in shared ownership and intermediate rent, we have recently restructured to increase the support to our residents. If you are committed to maximising income for Octavia whilst supporting residents to understand their obligations to pay all charges due, then this is it the role for you.
You will provide an excellent customer focussed income service for your patch, ensuring that residents are aware of any arrears and help them to prevent this from happening in the future. You will make regular contact with them and implement and progress any legal action including attending court, if necessary. You will work closely with other members of the team, especially the Home Ownership Offer for your patch, and other departments to resolve any disputes that arise especially regarding service charges.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of income recovery within the housing sector
- Understanding of arrears progression especially the legal processes available for leasehold, shared ownership and intermediate rent
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Great problem solving skills with creative, practical solutions
- The ability to work effectively with other teams within Octavia
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Interviews: Friday 1st November 2019