Data Protection Assistant
Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a Data Protection and Freedom of Information Assistant working full-time, on a permanent basis. This role will be based at our Head Office, Speke. Interviews will commence on 17th September 2019.
What will you do?
You will be the strategic lead and subject matter expert on data protection, information and privacy, proactively supporting the businesses to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2108 (DPA 2018), Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA 2002), Environmental Information Regulations 2004, Privacy & Electronic Communication Regulations 2003 and associated legislation.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Data Protection and Freedom of Information Assistant:
Point of contact
• Support the Group Data Protection Officer in the execution of their duties.
• Act as point of contact within the Group for data protection, freedom of information and associated legislation.
• Provide practical advice and support in all relevant areas to the Group.
• Carry out research in all relevant areas on behalf of the DPO and the Group.
• Identify and flag risk to the DPO and Director of Governance and General Counsel.
SARs and FOIA requests
• Administer all GDPR rights requests processes, including harvesting data, reviewing, redacting and applying exemptions on behalf of the DPO and within strict statutory deadlines.
• Administer all FOISA (and FOIA) requests, including harvesting data, reviewing, redacting and applying exemptions within strict statutory deadlines.
• Support the development of a publication scheme pursuant to FOISA for the Group’s Scottish subsidiary.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
Essentially, you have experience of working within a data protection compliance environment in a complex organisational structure and the ability to work independently, but with an understanding of the organisational landscape. You are customer and results focused with the ability to take ownership of tasks, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Though not essential, you possess a legal qualification at degree level or equivalent data protection related qualification.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Data Protection and Freedom of Information Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.