Senior Neighbourhood Manager
The Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust is a Buckinghamshire based housing association providing homes and services to local communities throughout the Vale of Aylesbury, we have around 7,200 homes. We pride ourselves on working closely with residents and surrounding communities to make sure we deliver high quality housing, homes and services.
As a Senior Neighbourhood Manager you will play a key part in achieving The Trust's aim to provide excellent customer service.
- To lead, deliver, develop and be responsible for the comprehensive and responsive tenancy management, low level anti-social behaviour (ASB) and Community Caretakers service to our residents. Ensuring a high quality and consistent service across the geographical stock boundaries and complements and promotes the Trust’s aims, mission and values.
- To develop and establish key strategies and plans that target and demonstrate positive practice and high customer satisfaction levels.
- To ensure tenancy conditions are effectively enforced and tenancy management issues such as low level ASB, successions, assignments, property condition, occupation and non occupation of properties and subletting are correctly assessed and addressed in accordance with the Trust’s policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead, motivate, supervise and develop staff.
- Commitment to high level customer service standards and company values, aims and ambitions.
- An effective decision maker with strong prioritisation skills.
- Capable of delivering results to tight deadlines when under pressure.
- Well developed practical and effective organisational skills.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills.
- Give professional advice to all matters relating to the effective delivery of the neighbourhood management services.
- To influence and negotiate with peers and senior managers to win their support to enable the delivery of effective neighbourhood management services
- Experience of communicating effectively with customers and voluntary and statutory agencies
- Ability to contribute to policy and procedure formulation that demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Ability to anticipate problems and adjust activity as required to deal with issues and meet targets.
- Evidence of a participative approach, involving management, staff and customers as appropriate.
- Good financial management skills and the ability to contribute to the preparation and effective management of large and complex budgets.
- Evidence of the ability to respond effectively and positively to change.
- Experience of performance based management in a customer focused service organisation including the ability to set and meet targets.
Our Vision and Values express our commitment to becoming a leader in our field, providing quality affordable homes and investing in Aylesbury Vale’s diverse communities. As part of our continued commitment to our workforce accurately reflecting the community we represent, we especially welcome applicants from BAME backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability, as part of our ongoing commitment to Equality and Diversity.
Closing date: 20th October 2019 - midday
Interview date: 25th October 2019