Support Worker - Kent House
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Support Worker at our service Kent House and a new temporary accomodation in St Albans. We are happy to take on x1 Full time worker (37.5 hours) or x2 Part time workers.
Kent House is a 20 bed supported housing project for homeless people, who have diverse needs and issues and require medium to high levels of support in order to maintain their tenancy, address their support needs and `move on` into appropriate accommodation.
The other service is a temporary accommodation unit for up to 7 people.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to:
- Provide appropriate support to residents with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community
- Write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centred environment.
We are looking for people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. Between 8am and 10pm.
You must be able to:
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- £21,216 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract (Pro rata for part time)
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Fully paid DBS
- Employee assistance helpline
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £82 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please complete an online application form.
Closing date: Friday 18th October 2019
Interviews: Friday 25th October 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.