Support Worker - Young People`s Housing Service
About the Role
We are currently looking for a part time Support Worker to work 22.5 hours a week who enjoys working with young people and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives at our brand new service in Hemel Hempstead.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will support young asylum seekers and refugees. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a small and diverse caseload of young people
- Providing targeted support to enable them to access educational opportunities, healthcare services; live well in their accommodation and develop independent living skills
You will use your initiative and decision making skills on a regular basis, developing support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible and committed individuals with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
- You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity
- Take a positive approach to supporting people
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £12,729 pa for a 22.5 hours a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshireand Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
The job description for the Support Worker role is below.
Closing date: Friday 25th October 2019
Interview date: Monday 4th November 2019
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.