Our client is one of the UK’s leading home builders concentrating on building timber frame residential homes and commercial builds and they are now looking for a Design Technician to join their Whitney office.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the role of the Design Technician is to undertake the design of timber frame superstructures, roofs, joinery and quantify associated components in accordance with the customer’s architectural designs, the agreed specification, the structural engineering and all to the required budgetary costs and requisite quality standards.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver designs which meets criteria for customer service, HSE&Q, budgetary limitations and working within the standard system protocols
- Ensure accuracy of pre-design drawings for production of walls, floors and roofs
- Setting out and detailing drawings for fabrication of steel, stair flights etc
- Quantification and creation of Bills of Materials for all structural and joinery components
- Ensure design meets agreed standards for programme compliance, quality and materials budget
- Support internal and external customers with design related queries
- Proactively offer appropriate solutions using alternative materials and possible post contract variations.
Required Skills & Experience
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A good working knowledge of Consultec timber frame software or Mitek / Gangnail truss design software
- Demonstrate knowledge of timber frame structures and design
What you get back
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Life Assurance
- Social events
- Team building
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Design Technician Job in Whitney – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Tom Bowman Job Ref: 10449)
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Consultant £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Witney
- Technical services Consultant £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Witney
- Residential Development & Construction Consultant £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Witney
- Construction Consultant £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Witney
- Design Consultant £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Witney