Interim Development Manager
Are you an experienced Development Manager based in the South East? As part of a strategic partnership with Homes England an opportunity now exists for an Interim Development Manager to join a Development Team in the South East on a 3-6 month interim contract.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest residential development, regeneration and property management businesses, they have around 12,000 employees, an annual turnover in excess of £800 million and over £4 billion in assets. Established for over 50 years the Group provide sustainable communities nationwide.
The role will be working closely with the Regional Development Manager and wider development team on their existing development programme of 180 affordable and grant-funded units and some acquisitions work. The ideal candidate would be someone who has recently moved into a Development Manager role or an experienced Development Officer looking to step up.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support with Identifying, appraising and securing affordable and mixed-tenure, residential development opportunities
- Secure the internal and external approvals needed to take the schemes forward and attract funding
- Develop relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including local authorities, Homes England, developers, agents and landowners
- Work with colleagues in the Development Team to project manage existing developments through to completion
- Proactively contribute to and influence the design and specification of projects to meet the requirements of all interested stakeholders
Required Skills & Experience
- Available to start in October and available for the next 6 months
- Ability to travel across the South East (The role can be based remotely with visits to either their Milton Keynes, Kings Cross or Byfleet offices and to sites)
- Experience of securing and delivering affordable housing and mixed tenure development projects
- Experienced in programme management
- Deliver on the partnership with Homes England through increasing the number of affordable homes in the South
- Good commercial judgement and negotiating ability
- Ideally experienced in the commercial and financial requirements associated with all tenures including outright sale, market-rent, affordable rent, social rent and shared-ownership
- Full UK Driving Licence
What you get back
- Pay Rate flexible and competitive dependent on experience
- Flexibility to work from home some of the time
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Interim Development Manager Job in the South East – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 10626)
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Temporary jobs in Milton Keynes
- Development / regeneration Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Temporary jobs in Milton Keynes
- Land acquisition Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Temporary jobs in Milton Keynes
- Planning Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Temporary jobs in Milton Keynes