Associate Town Planner
Are you an experienced Associate Town Planner with the ability to lead? Our leading planning and design consultancy client now require an Associate Town Planner to join their planning team of 8 in the City Centre of Birmingham.
The practice is one of the UK’s leading independent planning and design consultancies, with 13 offices and 350 employees nationwide. They offer planning, urban design and architecture services across a variety of sectors to include healthcare, education, retail, residential and workplace. They pride themselves on producing sustainable projects which enhance communities and environments and work on smaller scale to large-scale projects internationally.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop client relationships through effective networking and contribute to the growth of the department
- Promote large scale residential and mixed-use developments (both brownfield and greenfield)
through the Development Plan process
- Coordinate professional teams to submit planning applications of all scales
- Prepare and submit planning applications, appeal inquiries and Development Plans promotions
- Co-ordinate project teams and manage projects
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for clients
- Prepare planning and economic statements
- Prepare Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan representations
Required Skills & Experience
- MRTPI qualified
- Strong planning experience at Associate level, ideally with experience of planning in The Midlands
- Passion and track record for growing new business
- Existing network of professional contacts (ideally from the Midlands)
- Ability to manage a wide and complex workload
- Strong project management skills
- Current valid UK driving licence
What you get back
- Competitive + Benefits
- All salaries considered
- Profit share bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Healthcare assistance
- CPD Training and unlimited opportunities for career progression
- Social events and team building
- Charity Events – The company even offers to match funds raised for their selected charities!
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Associate Town Planner Job in Birmingham – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 10615)