Senior Building Surveyor
Our client is a multi-disciplinary practice established over 40 years ago. Due to growth they are now seeking an additional Senior Building Surveyor to join their surveying team in Walton-on-Thames. The role offers a competitive salary of up to £55k dependent on experience with great benefits.
The practice provides a multitude of services to include architectural services, building surveying, cost consultancy and project management, focusing on education and affordable housing projects. The 150 strong team are based over 5 offices in London and South East, they have recently gone through a merger with an international leading consultancy and they offer great progression and development opportunities for the right candidate.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working alongside another Senior Building Surveyor you will be responsible for managing technical work and projects under the direction of the Partner
- Liaising with client throughout the project
- Taking full responsibility for technical matters for projects within his/her control
- Working with in house disciplines as necessary
- Programming your work and resources available to ensure satisfactory completion of all projects
- Structural Surveys and Acquisition Inspections of buildings
- Building defects analysis
- Writing specification, contract administration and running public sector housing and education projects
- Preparing and submitting applications for statutory consent and liaising with relevant authorities.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience working as Building Surveyor
- Experienced in education and / or affordable housing projects
- Experienced in managing projects from inception to completion
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Chartered MRICS or MCIOB
What you get back
- £50,000 – £55,000 including car allowance of £3000 (Flexible dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday + Christmas + Bank Holidays
- 3 x life cover
- Holiday buy scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Christmas and summer parties
- Dress down Friday
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Building Surveyor Job in Walton-on-Thames – Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Kelly Armour Job Ref: 10602)