Access Officer-Domestic Abuse
Access Officer - Domestic Abuse
Salary - £24,817
35 hours per week
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Are you passionate about empowering victims and survivors of domestic abuse?
Are you dedicated to ending fear and abuse for people of all genders, and delivering high quality, responsive services to meet each person's unique needs?
We have just the job for you!
Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Service deliver specialist domestic abuse services, including an access service, refuge provision, and outreach services (including specialist BAMER and Complex Needs services) for people experiencing domestic abuse.
Within the Access service, our helpline offers advice, signposting, guidance, and support clients to access appropriate specialist domestic abuse services in the area, and refuge further afield. We are recruiting an Access Officer - Domestic Abuse to work in the Access Team and on the helpline.
Key duties include:
- To respond to Helpline calls, assessing risk levels and agreeing safety plans as appropriateTo provide non-judgmental, non-directive and confidential support and advice to people of all genders. Where relevant, to coordinate bespoke pathways into specialist servicesTo accept and process referrals from partner agencies in accordance with relevant procedures, completing risk assessments and obtaining and recording all necessary informationBased on relevant criteria refer clients to appropriate services (e.g. Outreach, Freedom Programme, Refuge or Sanctuary) liaising with relevant agencies
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skillsExperience of providing support to vulnerable people with a complex range of needs and risksExperience of working with clients fleeing from/at risk of domestic abuseKnowledge of the dynamics and impacts of domestic abuseExperience and understanding of safeguarding processesAbility to coordinate and plan workloads for self and othersExperience of customer advice and/or call centre approaches coupled with a confidence in communicating to people who are in distress
Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Service is part of the Care and Support division of the A2Dominion (A2D) Group. A2D is a residential property group with almost 37,000 homes across London and southern England, and thousands more in the development pipeline. We provide supported housing, and homes for older people, as well as affordable, private and social rented homes.Whilst we take a commercial approach to housebuilding, all of the surpluses the Group generates are reinvested into supporting our social purpose, helping to deliver more homes and services for customers.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oxford
- Care and support Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oxford
- Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oxford
- Supported / sheltered housing Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oxford