Community Engagement and Recovery Worker
Community Engagement and Recovery Worker- 1 Year Fixed Term Contract - 37.5 hours per week
About the role
The Community Engagement and Recovery Worker is a dedicated post within Hightown Housing Association to help get vulnerable and disadvantaged people off the streets of Hemel Hempstead/Dacorum and tackle anti-social behaviour associated street drinking.
You will work as part of a multi-agency effort liaising with the local authority, community safety partnership, Police, Hightown schemes and other agencies to address street drinking and homelessness, providing and facilitating effective routes to recovery.
The Community Engagement and Recovery Worker will engage with street drinkers in the area and both encourage and facilitate access to support services, specialist drug and alcohol treatment programmes, accommodation and employment.
You`ll be driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to understand the complex needs associated with alcohol misuse and dependency. Desired qualities will include:
- Positively engaging with and sustaining appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services and are resistant to change
- Motivating, promoting independence and ensuring that adequate levels of support are given to each client
- Working on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Acting calmly and responding professionally in stressful and difficult situations
- Understanding the roles of external partner agencies
You must be a car driver and have access to a vehicle to undertake the role. This post will require occasional evening and weekend work to support the service provided.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Salary of £24,999pa for a 37.5 hour contract
- Workplace pension scheme
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Monthly sickness bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary review
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Employee assistance helpline
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Please see below for a copy of the Community Engagement and Recovery Worker job description.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Interview date: Thursday 31st October 2019
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice, however all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and are therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.