Head of New Homes & Quality
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Head of New Homes & Quality to manage the day-to day activities of our new homes and quality team, which spans a range of activities from pre-completion quality management through into handover to day to day management. You will join the team in Tower Bridge on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £74,000 - £77,000 per annum.
The Head of New Homes & Quality role:
Reporting to the Assistant Director for New Homes and Quality, you will also play a critical role in the exciting evolution of Peabody’s market leading quality systems and processes.
Responsibilities of our Head of New Homes & Quality include:
- Lead the New Homes and Quality team to inform and monitor quality and service for the development programme.
- Through high quality construction inspection, provide reporting on deficiencies and actions to remedy.
- Ensure diagnosis and remediation of latent defects identified across the portfolio with minimal cost and risk incurred to the organisation.
- Ensure handover of homes of all tenures from Development into day to day management
- Monitor, analyse and improve on defects performance and customer satisfaction levels through KPI’s, monitoring of consultant and contractor performance, surveys and spot checking.
- Oversee complaints, aiming for immediate resolution and dealing with the escalation of any difficult situations.
- Monitor and analyse building performance, defects and customer feedback to reinvest learning into future contracts and procurement tools.
- Work collaboratively with the other teams within the Development and Sales Directorate and with internal and external clients, stakeholders and partners.
- KPI Performance targets are met for quality and resident satisfaction
- Problems are identified at an early stage and remedial action taken
- Risks are identified and managed
- Changing business and regulatory requirements are identified
- Effective resource planning and optimum use of resources for quality and satisfaction
- Effective budget control
What we’re looking for in our Head of New Homes & Quality:
- Substantial experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary department, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally.
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management.
- Ability to ensure that new homes are built to the highest quality and our customers receive the standard of services that creates a best in sector culture
- Good understanding of construction contracts and EU procurement
- An understanding of the Housing Association sector would be preferred but not essential
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, ARB or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Closing date: 21st October 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Head of New Homes & Quality please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST