Multi Skilled Trades Operative
To work with the Repairs Supervisors and Logistics Co-ordinator to provide an effective and efficient multi trade repair, maintenance and replacement service to enable the delivery of Responsive Repairs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the aims and objectives of CBH
- To undertake on a day to day basis multi trade repairs and maintenance on behalf of CBH at occupied and unoccupied homes
- Carryout effective repairs, maintenance and replacements to include but not limited to, ground works, waste clearance, bricklaying, wall tiling, roofing repairs, gain entry and all general building works
- Have a good working knowledge, capability and understanding of carpentry to include but not limited to internal and external carpentry, window repairs, door repairs and replacements, lock changes and kitchen replacements
- Have a good working knowledge, capability and understanding of plumbing (excluding working on gas systems) to include but not limited to hot water cylinder replacement and installation of bathrooms
- Day to day responsibility for vehicles, plant and materials under the direction of Repairs Supervisors and the Logistics and Procurement Officer
- Assisting other tradespersons to complete Responsive Repairs as required
- Ability to remove and re-connect household appliances
- Ensuring the vehicle, you are responsible for is kept clean, tidy, that any issues are promptly reported
- To effectively plan the days duties to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carryout duties ensuring the safety of the workforce, contractors, tenants, leaseholders and general public.
- To work with the rest of the team to continuously improve the Repairs service.
- To understand, report any concerns and assist in the delivery of CBH’s Safeguarding adult’s policy
- To understand, report any concerns and assist in delivering a tailored service to tenants with protected characteristics and vulnerabilities.
- To assist with other duties when multi trade work is unavailable as required to enable delivery of Responsive Repairs