Former Tenant Arrears Advisor
Do you want to work somewhere that puts their customers first? Want to be part of a growing team who work together to get the job done? Fancy a change before the year ends?
New to the industry? No problem! If you have the skills and the right behaviours we can train you to be successful. If you want to join an organisation that is really going places and you want to be a part of the journey, then why not join us as a Former Tenant Arrears Advisor.
As a Former Tenant Arrears Advisor at Southern Housing Group you will be making calls to our former customers to request and negotiate repayment of money they owe. You will need to be able to independently plan and manage your work, be confident in making decisions and use your own initiative to maximise income.
Being able too develop effective working relationships with third party agencies to ensure they are performing to agreed KPI’s will be essential as well as being confident in producing reports to evidence debt management performance.
You will be working in a friendly and fast-paced environment where you will be empowered to make decisions whilst working towards your individual and team’s KPIs.
We are always looking for opportunities to continually improve, so as well as an induction programme there are further training opportunities to allow us to provide the best possible service for our customers.
It really is an exciting time to join, so if you are:
• Pro-active in identifying and contacting former customers to talk about money and negotiate repayment of debt.
• Wanting to work in a fast paced environment where you will be empowered to make decisions.
• Able to produce, analyse and present information in a clear transparent way that is easily understood.
• Able to self manage and work to individual and team KPI’s including quality, productivity and collections effectiveness. Someone who wants to live and work to the Groups values;
We Work Together, We do the Right Thing and We get things Done
What we’ll offer you
• A salary starting at £25,000 per annum with the chance for skills based salary progression
• 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
• A great pension scheme
• The ability to buy extra leave and discount cards
• Flexible working
• Employee referral scheme
• Cash claim-back on medical treatments
• Travel to work loan
• Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
We operate a rotating shift pattern working a 35 hour week so shifts will vary between:
08:00am and 04.00pm 09:00am and 05:00pm 10.00am and 06:00pm
Please include a supporting statement explaining how your skills and experience meet the criteria of the job description and person specification.
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Bridge.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivities of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents.
For this role, successful candidates will be subject to a basic DBS check. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been progressed. After this period of time, we will delete all your personal information. We thank you for your interest in working at Southern Housing Group.