£36,839 per annum inclusive of policy allowance (rising to £38,778 per annum inclusive of policy allowance after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Asset Surveyor at our Kingsmead Office. The role will sit within our London and South East Asset Team and will carry out Fire risk assessments, reinvestment planned work projects, stock condition surveys. If you are a proactive, well organised and innovative problem solver this could be the job for you.
The role of Asset Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking stock condition surveys and other property inspections including fire risk and health and safety assessments in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Managing works related to stock condition surveys and property inspections within agreed financial limits
- Producing reports and documentation for work specifications and tenders to assist in addressing and resolving issues to ensure the Group is compliant
- Developing and maintaining information and databases relating to condition of the assets, and give you the ability to suggest appropriate remedies and strategies to address any building relating issues
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in Building, Surveying or equivalent and proven experience in a building and surveying environment
- Proven experience of fire risk assessments, Stock condition Surveys, and Project Works.
- Working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Role Salary is £34,218 with an additional policy allowance of £2,621 per annum (rising to £36,018 with an additional policy allowance of £2,759 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Closing Date: 28 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Surveying Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Other Housing jobs Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in London (Central)