Senior Finance Analyst
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
The post holder will assist in the risk management oversight and reporting on the group’s property development investments. The role will be part of the corporate function and provide a link between the Development directorate and Finance directorate. You will work closely with the Capital Accounting, Finance Business Partners, Management Accounts, Treasury, Financial Planning, Governance, Land Acquisition and Construction teams ensuring effective performance monitoring of the development schemes. The role will provide analysis and reports to senior management, committees and boards on development capacity and financial performance.
- Provide concise analysis and be responsible for the review of financial appraisals in line with investment policy
- Provide support to internal customers to ensure that inorganic growth opportunities are utilised effectively
- Support internal customers to assess new business / investment opportunities
- Development and maintenance of Argus and Proval Appraisal models including ad-hoc Excel appraisal models
- Support the strategic decision making of the group through robust financial and risk analysis
- Review and analysis of development cash flows
- To carry out quarterly development performance assessments and identification of potential impairments. To carry out quarterly financial performance assessments and identification of potential impairments
- Perform periodic risk management reviews of the Development Programme identifying any projects that are at risk financially and/or operationally
- Joint responsibility for updating and maintaining the 30 year Brixx Business Plan
Required skills and experiences:
- Qualified Accountant or CFA
- Experience within the housing sector
- Experience of designing and producing performance indicators that measure business activities
- Previously delivered a customer focused approach
- Experience of working with financial appraisals
- Challenging and assertive approach
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £55k - £65k
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service
Our commitment to diversity
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain by having diverse teams and supporting them to be their best. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
One Housing are committed to the principles of Leadership 2025, an initiative spearheaded by our Group Board Chair, Steve Douglas, which aims to increase the representation of black and minority ethnic people in leadership positions in the UK housing sector. We are also supporters of Women in Social Housing (WISH), promoting and encouraging young women to choose and progress careers in the sector.
To begin your career with One Housing, Apply Now!