£32,280 per annum (rising to £33,978 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Assistant Accountant presents the opportunity to work within the wider Development Finance team and drive process and reporting improvements. You will be responsible for all aspects of the Development Finance Income and Expenditure management accounts and maintaining accurate financial records.
The role of Assistant Accountant will include:
- Ensuring accurate reporting within timely deadlines and responsible for month end processes and procedures
- Working with the wider Development function to ensure up to date information is reflected in responsibilities
- Reviewing processes to ensure on going best practice, providing recommendations or alternatives where required, whilst achieving group values and objectives
- Coordinating business information and offering advice to customers and stakeholders to enable effective decision making, business planning and financial management
- Supporting the Assistant Finance Manager with day to day activities, including reconciliations, forecasting, budget setting, analysis and ad hoc duties
Skills and experiences:
- AAT qualification in accounting with reporting experience is essential
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively, in order to meet conflicting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and non verbal
- Experience of interrogating/analysing data, identifying errors and correcting these
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Outlook is essential
- Intermediate working of SAP would be beneficial
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 29 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.