About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Mobile Caretaker.
Your role as the Mobile Caretaker will be to:
- Ensure Hightown sites are visited on a regular re-occurring basis or ad-hoc as required, in order to ensure schemes/Estates are maintained to a good standard
- Be responsible for carrying out low level maintenance, PAT testing of electrical equipment, as well as grounds maintenance
You will also be responsible for purchasing equipment based on the needs of the service and for providing receipts in a timely manner for every purchase made, up to an agreed amount.
We are looking for individuals with previous caretaking/maintenance experience who have good communication skills, have an attention to detail and who demonstrate a compassionate, enthusiastic, and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to:
- Work as part of a team as you will be working alongside other caretakers and an apprentice
- Must be able to deliver an excellent level of service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others
It is essential you have access to a car and can drive.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- On-site parking
- Access to on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the `apply ` link below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 27th October 2019
Interview date: Thursday 7th November 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.