Senior Asset Surveyor
Senior Asset Surveyor
£34,387 per annum inclusive of policy allowance (rising to £36,197 per annum inclusive of policy allowance after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Surveyor with line management responsibility experience and a successful track record working within a similar role. You will be part of a large, successful and committed regional team, within the Assets department, who are responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s property portfolio. They advise on reinvestment programs for Stock condition surveys, Fire risk assessments, Right to Buy inspections, tenants alterations and lease surveys, ensuring that properties are maintained and retain their value.
The role of Senior Asset Surveyor will include:
- Helping to identify required asset improvements in line with business plans, ensuring that strategies and plans are developed and high quality services are delivered
- Ensuring cyclical and capital work projects are delivered in line with legislation and making appropriate recommendations
- Producing documentation such as work tenders and reports on specific maintenance issues
- Effective management of a team of surveyors to ensure works are carried out promptly
- Monitoring disrepair and environmental health cases
Skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Decent Homes, HHSRS, CDM, Asbestos and Fire regulations, DDA, compliance and JTC contracts
- Managing environmental health, disrepair and risk assessment based projects
- Experience of delivering and managing Mixed Tenure programmes and works – Section 20
- Working knowledge of building regulations and legislation is essential
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, SAP, Visio and Assets lifecycle software is desirable
- Excellent team leadership skills and managing capital, revenue and budgets
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Role Salary is £32,280 with an additional policy allowance of £2,107 per annum (rising to £33,978 with an additional policy allowance of £2,218 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Closing Date: 30 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.