With 8500 units, we are a multi-award-winning social housing provider based in Salford, Greater Manchester. As a not-for-profit charitable organisation, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, from investing in homes and communities, to how we go about providing their services.
We are proud of what we do and how we do it. In consultation with both our employees and customers Salix have developed a clear vision and set of values to reflect the ambitions of this fresh and forward-thinking organisation. Our people and community are at the heart of everything we do and are key to making sure the key corporate objectives are achieved. Following a recent reorganisation we are looking to appoint a Finance Director. The successful individual will embody the same values and passion as the rest of the Executive Team to ensure the continued success of our organisation.
- You will be accountable to the Chief Executive and to the Board, for leading the strategic development and performance of a range of services.
- You will support the organisation’s financial and governance needs and ensure the achievement of the organisation’s strategic aims and objectives.
- As a key member of the Executive Team, you will actively contribute to the corporate leadership, management and cultural development of the organisation, liaising with Board members and other colleagues on all matters of financial and corporate management, strategic policy and business development to ensure continuous improvement to enable the achievement of the business objectives.
- Working with members of the Executive Team and Board, you will identify opportunities, and drive improvements to achieve agreed outcomes in your core areas of responsibility, supporting the organisation to deliver our Corporate Plan.
- You will be a qualified Accountant and have knowledge and experience of working with risk management frameworks.
- You will have experience on leading multi-disciplinary teams with complex environments.
- You will have a sound understanding of Social Housing Regulatory regimes, governance, accounting standards and the Social Housing SORP.
- You will lead yourself, and others, to make a real difference in the work you do together. This means being accountable for delivering results, in a responsible, innovative, inclusive and enthusiastic way, and at all times acting as an ambassador for Salix Homes.
- You will need to evidence working at board level and engage positively with both internal and external stakeholders. The ability to build trusted and long-standing relationships are key.
- You will uphold our values, maintain the integrity of our organisation, and act as a role model by demonstrating and setting the standards that shape our culture.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for an informal discussion on the post please contact Eric Tomlinson on 07887 572970 . For more information visit our microsite at https://publicservicesnorth.seymourjohn.com/salix/.
Salix Homes is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. All employees will be recruited, trained and developed based on their ability and the requirements of the job.