Head of Investment and Compliance
About Our Client
Legal & General Affordable Homes is seeking to tackle the severe shortage of affordable housing in the UK through the delivering 3000 new affordable homes per year and creating excellent customer experience.
Working with local authorities, housing associations and developers across the country, we provide the institutional capital required to build the affordable homes the UK needs with the long term commitment of managing homes and providing services that our customers can rely upon. LGAH forms a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital which invests capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups.
The role holder will be responsible for leading the business in its management of landlord H&S and all related activities that ensure our commitment to customers of a trusted service is met. The role will also form part of the businesses overall H&S management structure ensuring standards are consistent across workplaces, construction sites and our customers' homes.
The postholder will also work throughout our development pipeline to ensure that the decisions we take as a business about design and construction of new homes favour solutions which support our longer term programme of stock investment as a long term asset holders.
Finally the role will work as a part of the Operations team to support the creation of a successful asset holding business. This will require a person of talent who understands the connectivity of design, management and customer experience in order to support L&G's ambition in this market.
- Act as the key accountable person for all LGAH landlord H&S matters.
- Lead on behalf of LGAH in developing excellent supplier relationships through which to deliver Landlord H&S services.
- Develop the organisation's Health and Safety Strategy, Management Plan and Framework.
- Ensure the organisation is fully compliant with all legislation surrounding landlord H&S.
- Act as a key point of liaison with safety enforcement agencies and Fire authorities on matters of compliance and best practice.
- Create first rate relationships with Development teams nationally in order to offer best in class advice and guidance on the delivery of new homes which will fit in to the emerging planned investment thinking of the business.
- Evolve an intelligent approach to investment planning that balances cost and value successfully.
- Ensure policy and procedure is effective, up to date and use business assurance techniques to test these regularly.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and advise the business on best practice.
- Maintain excellent customer service standards, in line with Group expectations at all times.
- Continually promote and ensure compliance with the Group's Equality and Diversity policy and procedures.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with the Group's Health and Safety policy at all times and compliance with all health and safety legal responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Strong academic background, with an asset management and landlord compliance background.
- Evidence of successfully delivering Landlord compliance services to a high standard.
- Demonstration of strong contract management expertise.
- Background in influencing and shaping the design and development of new homes. Interest and ideally experience in utilising technology within assets.
- Knowledge of the affordable housing sector, in particular an expert understanding of landlord compliance and the statutory responsibilities of RP's.
- Acting efficiently and pro-actively within defined decision-making processes. Experience of building and then delivering models of stock investment that deliver value for money.
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity.
- A pro-active and creative approach to relationship-building and problem solving.
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace. A focus on the customer and how your areas of responsibility promote the L&G brand.
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary
- Up to 30% bonus 10% car allowance Pension scheme 25 days annual leave Home working Great career progression prospects Huge growth potential Additional company benefits
If you would like a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Daniel Ogden, Business Manager on 0161 829 0391.
Quote job ref: 14050650
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Leamington Spa
- Government and compliance Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Leamington Spa
- Policy / Strategy Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Leamington Spa
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Leamington Spa
- Asset management Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Leamington Spa