Executive Director of Public Impact
With the scale and complexity of the housing crisis rarely far from the headlines, and the political landscape around it shifting all the time, the National Housing Federation is an organisation performing a critical role as the voice of housing associations in England.
The Federation is one the most influential and high-profile trade bodies in the UK. We have a diverse membership of almost 800 housing association members that provide homes for around six million people.
Our members are socially-driven organisations – reinvesting all their profit back into building new homes, investing in communities, and providing additional support for people. Our vision is for a country where everyone can live in a good quality home they can afford.
It is a great time to be joining the Federation, as our new ambitious business strategy has recently launched. This is a chance for someone with a real ambition for housing and social policy to join us and help make those ambitions a reality.
You will find great colleagues and a brilliant team, and you will get the opportunity to work on some of the toughest (and most interesting) social, economic and policy issues in the country.
Quite simply, this role is one of the best jobs in housing! It’s challenging, rewarding and thought provoking, giving you the chance to make a real difference.
You will work with our members, ranging from small homeless hostels to large national organisations, each one different and valued in their own right. This isn’t a job about policy making in ivory towers, it is about impact – working hard to end the housing crisis and, ultimately, improving lives.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply demonstrating the following:
• A good understanding of the political environment and a proven track record of working at a senior level with stakeholders in government and associated bodies, at a national, regional and local level.
• The political astuteness to identify future social policy issues and the experience to negotiate innovative and creative solutions based on sound analysis and research.
• An experienced leader and manager with a track record of motivating and inspiring others to success, both within an organisation and externally with stakeholders and partners.
• Experience of public speaking to a wide range of audiences and the ability to use media/communication technologies to create impact and make a difference.
• Experience of the process of commissioning research and of policy development.
• An understanding of what it means to work in a trade body and an empathy with the social purpose of housing associations.
The Federation is proud to be an inclusive workplace and we value the contribution each individual makes to our work. We recognise our leadership team is not sufficiently reflective of the diversity of our members and the communities our sector exists to serve. We are especially keen to take a step towards changing this and strongly encourage applications from BME candidates and people of all different backgrounds, regardless of protected characteristics or social background.
We are a disability confident employer and if you are a disabled person who demonstrates you meet the skills and experience we consider essential for the role, we will offer you an interview.
Closing date: Thursday 7 November 2019
First interview date: Friday 15 November 2019
Second interview date: Friday 22 November 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homelessness Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Supported / sheltered housing Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Government and compliance Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)