Clerk of Works
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We’ve moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing and is at the forefront of the new era of building new Council Housing. With an ambitious commitment to build 1,000 new council homes by 2022, as part of our Pledge to secure 5,000 new affordable housing, we now have the following new positions
We are seeking an experienced Clerk of Works to join our team providing services to a range of schemes in Hounslow.
Candidates must have a strong understanding of building regulations. Due to the nature of the inspections, a thorough understanding of construction is required. Ideally, you will have a practical background in construction with detailed knowledge of building regulations in relation to housing. You will be responsible for inspection, quality assurance on site and handover of all construction projects. You will be expected to attend site and project meetings, issue timely Clerk of Works reports and contribute solutions to the many queries on site.
You will be expected to work mainly on your own initiative during the day and cover large areas using your own vehicle with mileage paid appropriately.
Applicants should have site accreditation and in possession of appropriate category of CSCS card and appropriate education and /or professional membership in the construction industry.
To Develop a thorough understanding of projects and contract documents including client's requirements in terms of design; and to monitor and report on the progress of works against drawings and specifications
To Liaise with Project Managers and Contractors regarding drawing details, specification clauses, and client’s instructions through the life of the project.
To include preparing sketches of solutions where difficulties on points of detail arise, submitting these to the Project Manager or the Contract Administrator.
To Inspect the quality and progress of construction to determine whether it is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents and specification
1. Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications and contracts.
2. Ability to understand warranties and conditions which invalidate those warranties.
3. Ability to provide impromptu briefings and reports to visitors and inspectors concerning the status of construction and ongoing activities.
4. Good numeracy skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software e.g. word, excel
Essential for the Role
- Membership of the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
- Strong technical and construction qualification, a degree will be desirable but not mandatory
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Paul.email@example.com or 020 8583 2475
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, click HERE.
Closing Date: 29th June 2020
Interviews will be held during week commencing:6th July 2020
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hounslow
- Project management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hounslow
- Surveying Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hounslow
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hounslow
- Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hounslow