Who are we?
My name is Justin Hannan and I’m the Head of Platforms & Infrastructure team here at Homes England Digital. As a bit of an introduction, I’m growing my team to enable us to increase our capacity and shift our capability to align to more modern ways of delivering fundamental data centre and cloud technology services that enable others to develop on and consume to achieve their goals
A bit about the role..
Working within a small team of other like-minded technical architects and engineers, this role will play an essential part in driving enterprise class technology services within the organisation to help meet its mission and goals. Our current systems and services are majority delivered from on-premise data centres, but over coming months and years we’ll be focusing on developing a new cloud hosting service in Azure to enable the delivery of both new Digital Services in line with the organisational transformation programme and how we also approach the migration of existing to the cloud.
Working across numerous agile multidisciplinary teams you will help us shift to an architecture led approach in conjunction with our Chief Architect, software and data development teams to form our technical roadmap, blueprints that are developed along service-oriented design. The services we design and provide will be for the purposes of our bespoke software development teams to deliver on Government housing policy and support line of business systems and services.
We’re at the beginning of our transformation, so now is a great time to join us for this opportunity to help form what will be both a challenging and fun time to be working on these changes.
A bit about you..
• Having technical knowledge is great, but also being able to utilise this knowledge to its fullest is essential. Being able to work closely with colleagues within the Digital Team and across the business is critical to our success. Understanding your audiences and framing problems and solutions for their understanding is a key skill.
• Talking of technical, you should possess the experience and knowledge that defines what a Technical Architect is. You will have a good deal of technical expertise for public cloud services such as Microsoft Azure or AWS but as is often the case you may have changed as technology has changed over the last few years, so experience and knowledge of more traditional data centre systems will also be evident.
• You will be resilient and comfortable managing stakeholders at a senior level and your discussions will be shaped by good understanding of commercial and operational impact.
• Things change fast! You will be tenacious enough to keep going. We see failing fast and setbacks as learning opportunities, so we expect you to be able to embrace this to overcome challenges.
What you will bring to the role…
• You will have significant experience working at senior technical level with a proven track record of leading and delivering on infrastructure related outcomes, including the ability to articulate this in a meaningful way to stakeholders.
• You will have a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture and ideally working with it, to enable contribution to our methodologies and frameworks.
• An innovative and collaborative approach to solving technical problems, appropriately challenging the status quo and managing expectations for positive outcomes.
• Use your technical leadership skills to coach and mentor colleagues, so we can increase our effectiveness in the delivery of outstanding services.
• Lastly, as this is a technical role, a role advert wouldn’t be the same without a list of some of the technical discipline areas we’re looking for:
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365
- Enterprise Architecture e.g. TOGAF
- Automation & orchestration
- Identity Management
- IT Service Management
- Software Development practices
- Information Security
- Data practices
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Data Centre Services