Community Engagement Coordinator – Ebury Bridge Renewal Project
- Organisation Type
- Council owned company
Ebury Bridge estate in Westminster is one of the most exciting regeneration projects in the UK. Located less than 3 minutes’ walk from Victoria Station the flagship renewal scheme is transforming an estate in the heart of the capital. The scheme is breaking the mould of traditional regeneration schemes, delivering high quality, sustainable homes in a truly tenure inclusive neighbourhood.
We are looking for a candidate with experience of working with communities, liaising with contractors/specialists and delivering engaging activities and programmes. An understanding of social value, consultation activities and regeneration schemes would be an advantage.
The postholder is based in the Ebury Bridge Regeneration Base, where we support the existing community, exhibit regeneration proposals and from where we undertake a wide range of activities: from design workshops to public exhibitions, and door-knocking to community development activities for people of all ages.
Westco are working with Westminster City Council on delivering consistent meaningful engagement with residents and stakeholders on the estate. The purpose of this role is to effectively support and manage projects which engage residents, stakeholders and staff in taking forward the renewal of the Ebury Bridge Estate.
- Help deliver our community engagement programme, project managing individual consultation activities delivered for residents on the estate
- Assist with the organisation of consultation events on behalf of the project team and our contractors (eg. residents drop-in sessions, workshops and pop-ups on the estate).
- Take lead responsibility for resident facing consultation, ensuring venues and activities are COVID-19 compliant, while providing a high standard of customer services to residents, stakeholders and staff who visit and use our facilities
- Handle enquiries from the public either in person, by telephone or email at the Ebury Bridge Regeneration Base, providing a front-line service to residents on the Ebury Bridge estate
- Work with staff from a range of Council service teams, including Housing Landlord Services, Regeneration and Communications ensuring they are provided with all necessary support and information to contribute to the consultation and regeneration programme.
- Produce communications for the Ebury Bridge Estate renewal project, as and when required. This may range from producing copy, coordinating design work, processing print requests to producing website content.
- Provide administrative support as part of the Ebury Bridge team to ensure the regeneration programme runs effectively. This may range from inputting and updating data using relevant ICT systems to room booking, distribution lists, collating agendas, and maintaining relevant systems in accordance with internal procedures.
- In order to successfully deliver the responsibilities of this specific role, you will need to:
- Communicate effectively to a high standard using different methods to a range of different audiences.
- Take responsibility for and complete a range of tasks, prioritising your workload effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work successfully with residents and other stakeholders within and outside of the Council.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and track project progress
- Work independently and effectively as a team member within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have strong IT skills ideally including thorough familiarity with word processing and spreadsheets, ideally with experience of working with Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint.
- Pay attention to detail, produce high quality work and maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrate commitment to the regeneration programme and meeting the changing demands of the role
- Ensure the effective and efficient planning, implementation, review and closure of projects and activities within own remit.
- Expertise in developing and delivering successful engagement strategies and plans
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Good writing skills for a range of audiences such as residents, content for media releases and reports
- Attend and contribute at meetings in a wide range of settings such as site meetings, consultation events and public meetings.
- Provide best practice consultation and engagement expertise to other staff
- Collaborative working with relevant stakeholders including the contractors working on the Ebury Bridge project to secure outcomes for residents through delivery of social value commitments.
- Anticipate problems and provide effective solutions.Assist in ensuring that project information is maintained and is accurate and complete on the Ebury Bridge website.
- Effective liaison with contractors and other consultants and suppliers working on the project.
- Event management knowledge and experience
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with a strong customer focus
- Personable self-starter with proactive 'can-do' attitude.
Please provide your CV and a supporting statement to Communications and Engagement Manager, Martin Crank at email@example.com
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the role
Apply for Community Engagement Coordinator – Ebury Bridge Renewal Project
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly