Health & Safety Manager
3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership has an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to join the team – you will be expected to be able to travel to both our offices, located in Boston and Grimsby. This is a full time, permanent position and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £35,443 - £46,910 per annum.
LHP manages nearly 12,700 affordable homes and offers a range of other services to support people and communities across Lincolnshire. LHP was created in April 2018 following the merger of two established Lincolnshire social housing providers.
As a charitable community based organisation we channel profit back into services and projects that benefit our customers and local neighbourhoods.
The Health & Safety Manager role:
LHP wish to recruit a qualified and experienced Health & Safety Manager to ensure that we meet the highest standards of Health & Safety. The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of LHP’s Health and Safety Strategy & Policy, will be the Association’s Competent Person for Health and Safety and the point of contact and advise on all Health & Safety matters for all staff and our supply chain. They will liaise with consultants and other Health & Safety as required.
Responsibilities of our Health & Safety Manager:
- To ensure that Lincolnshire Housing Partnership (LHP) meets its’ obligations as an employer to its customers, staff, supply-chain and members of the public in relation to Health and Safety.
- Through proactive communication to ensure that LHP as an organisation drives a culture where everyone understands their roles and responsibilities and feel suitably informed to identify potential risks and ways in which Health & Safety can be improved.
- To provide fully evidenced assurance to the Board and its Committees, the Executive Leadership Team and The Corporate Management Team that LHP is demonstrating full compliance in all relevant areas of Health and Safety at work.
- To be part of the organisations Leadership team and support and advise the organisation CMT and ELT on matters relating to Health and Safety Compliance.
What we’re looking for in our Health & Safety Manager:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Health and Safety Management - Essential
- Membership of IOSH - Essential
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Extensive experience of leading Health & Safety and managing Health & Safety Risk in an organisation ideally in a housing or public sector organisation
- Experience of financial & budgetary management
- Experience of working across an organisation which offers several different customers facing services
- Experience of reporting into Leadership Teams, Boards and Committees
In return for your work as our Health & Safety Manager we can offer:
- An attractive benefits package including generous leave entitlement, a cash plan health scheme and recognise the importance of a work-life balance.
- We also offer a range of career opportunities and encourage our colleagues to develop their skills with tailored training programmes.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Health & Safety Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you.