Assistant Director Digital Operations
Role Title: Assistant Director Digital Operations
Salary: £87,138 - £96,795
Grade: Director/Assistant Director
Location: Coventry. Newcastle
Directorate: Corporate Resources
Recruiting Manager: Brian McIntyre
Closing Date: 25/09/2020
This is an overview of the role:
These are exciting times at Homes England. We have a clear vision to develop a digitally enabled agency that has user-centred services at its heart - and we’re looking for talented digital leaders to help us achieve it. We have secured funding and ministerial support for the transformation of our agency. This transformation will deliver user-centred services that support our mission to be a disruptive force in the housing market, addressing market failures in housing supply, demand and quality. We are entrepreneurial, ambitious and mission led. Our technology, software, infrastructure and data provide strong and stable foundations on which our transformed services will stand. The skills and professionalism of our Digital team are what make this possible.
We are also creating a place that’s great to do work in. Our people are empowered to make decisions and we actively promote creativity and innovation, driven by the diversity of our ideas and, of our people. We offer top spec kit, brilliant training opportunities and support from expert colleagues. You’ll find flexible working, an inclusive culture and a place where you can shape the future.
AD Operations is at the heart of this change. We are redesigning our service management model for end user services and support, whilst we are embracing DevOps principles across software and infrastructure services. We are migrating to a cloud-first architecture, supported by a shift to multidisciplinary team working.
As AD Operations you will be responsible for leading a talented team in delivering outstanding technology and support services to our users and partners. You will also drive continuous improvement in these services whilst working with the Digital Senior Leadership team to realise internet-age ways of working and user-centred services.”
The successful person will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the Digital Service Management ,and, Information and Cyber Security Services, to ensure that it is responsive, efficient, secure, compliant and supports the new ways of working. Also managing day-to-day operation of Digital services, proactively analysing performance data and cyber security threats, dynamically responding to maintain the performance and security.
• Managing the resolution of major incidents, coordinating diverse skills and managing stakeholders to expedite incident resolution, whilst ensuring that the business is kept informed of the relevant risks
• Accountable for digital operation and security policies, ensuring that these are clear, effective and ensure compliance with relevant laws, good practice and wider business needs
• Management of budgets to ensure Financial targets are met, including forecasting costs annually and managing contingency when appropriate. Will also need strong business knowledge and commercial acumen with comprehensive technology procurement understanding and experience
• Accountable for the delivery, testing and enacting if required of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery procedures.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Experience of ITIL Service management V4, and in Digital Operational Management roles
• Experience in (or an understanding of) working to the Government Digital Service Standard and Technology Code of Practice, including Service Assessments
• Experience in all areas of people management, including leading, growing and professionalising teams; recruiting technical and managerial staff and Supporting and facilitating best performance from staff within own directorate and multidisciplinary teams
• Leadership; building trust within your team and inspiring those around you
• Learning; leading the development of your profession by training, coaching and mentoring
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Managing director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Coventry
- Digital inclusion Managing director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Coventry
- Corporate Services Managing director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Coventry
- IT Managing director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Coventry