Housing Development Project Manager
£32,787 - £37,849 (pro-rata for Part Time) per annum (Grade H) (plus Essential Car User Allowance)
Full Time and Part Time roles available
Benefits include a local government pension scheme with 16.7% employer contribution and flexitime. Willingness to negotiate a flexible working pattern.
South Holland District Council has an ambition to deliver housing solutions which meet local needs and aspirations including building more council houses and new homes through our housing companies. We are seeking to expand our existing team to drive forward this ambition. You would be joining us at an exciting time as we build on our recent successes and seek to identify new investment opportunities. This is a great opportunity to work with and shape the delivery of a new programme of work, delivering new homes in the district.
We are looking for a technical professional with housing development and project management experience to join our Growth and Commercialisation service; a team intent on securing the delivery of a range of housing to meet the needs of the people of South Holland. Your project management experience, skills and professional approach will be essential to your success in this key position in the authority. Your preferred specialism may be on-site project management or identifying and assessing new business opportunities. Either way, we would be interested to hear from you.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the delivery of housing development projects, working with internal teams and external partners to co-ordinate the delivery of new homes for affordable rent, shared ownership and private rental.
The key tasks of the role could include:
- Identifying, assessing and appraising new development opportunities
- Preparing the business case for progressing these opportunities to present to senior management and Members.
- Procuring and appointing a range of consultants and overseeing the pre-contract stage of project delivery.
- On-site project managing the delivery of new homes.
- Undertaking a client-side contract management role, managing external partners involved in development to ensure homes are built to a high standard.
- Co-ordinating specialist and technical project teams to bring about the delivery of new homes.
- Managing the capital budgets of schemes against approved budgets, agreed targets and funding criteria such as those from Home England or other funding bodies.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with an internal team to successfully handover new homes into management.
You will have a positive attitude, a commercial mind-set, and a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to make things happen. Your experience will have given you an understanding of the housing development process, strong contract management skills, and the ability to deliver in partnership with other teams. You will have excellent organisational skills, the ability to see the ‘wider’ picture and qualifications to degree level or equivalent experience.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post then please contact Katie Nicol, Housing Development Programme Manager on 07816 154711 or Caroline Hannon, Strategic Housing Manager on 07971 353863.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV; and
- A supporting statement of no more than 500 words detailing relevant experience and how you meet the requirements of the job (as identified in the Job Pack)
Closing Date: Monday 21st September at 9am
SHDC reserve the right to change the closing date, depending on application numbers.
Interview Date: Interviews will be arranged virtually when suitable candidates apply which may be prior to the closing date.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Spalding
- Project management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Spalding
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Spalding
- Development / regeneration Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Spalding