Senior Support Worker - Westcroft
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Senior Support Worker at our scheme Westcroft in Tring providing supported housing for people with learning disabilities. We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Your role as a Senior Support Worker will be to support the manager to provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice. You will be central to service delivery by providing leadership, direct line management supervision and support to a number of care and support staff and taking a hands on approach to care and support management.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services. You will have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and of designing and reviewing personalised support plans and risk assessments.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system whichwill include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire