Rent Recovery Officer (2nd Stage)
It is an exciting time to join Redbridge Council’s new Housing Systems and Resources Service. The service has recently undergone transformation so that it is better equipped to embrace change in response to significant legislative, financial and demographic challenges. We are now looking to recruit five talented Rent Recovery Officers who will share in our vision to secure sustainable housing solutions, through working in partnership with customers, for all.
About the role:
Reporting the 2nd Stage Rent Recovery Team Leader, the Rent Recovery Officers will work within the 2nd Stage team to maximise rent recovery from customers in Temporary Accommodation and in Council Housing in accordance with the rent recovery process. The 2nd Stage team will focus on second stage arrears – high volume, beyond the transactional stage. You will be providing a case-management approach, supporting the customer based on a holistic view of their needs and their income maximisation potential. You will contact tenants in a systematic way that optimises support and rent recovery, with an emphasis of personalised contact wherever possible. You will work in conjunction with all other appropriate agencies to ensure maximisation of income for both customers and the organisation. You will maintain accurate and up-to-date records of action taken, and monitor and record their impact.
About you: We are looking for a strong, experienced candidate with:
· Experience of managing a busy caseload casework
· Good networking, partnership and negotiating skills that are influential with others
· The ability to prepare, collate, analyse and interpret specialist information and present the information in an appropriate manner
· Experience of working with income and rent accounts to increase income recovery
· Strong political awareness
· Good understanding of the Welfare Reform Act and of GDPR
To apply, please visit: https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/Jobs
For an informal discussion, please contact Sanjay Mandil, Rent Recovery Service Manager, on email: firstname.lastname@example.org