Building Safety Manager
Building Safety Manager
£52,342 - £55,719
Closing date: 04/10/2020
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
This is an opportunity to work as a key member of the Asset Management & Investment Team to monitor, develop and improve our approach to Building Safety and Compliance in line with current and developing legislation. With over 11,000 homes and further 3,000 leasehold and shared ownership properties, from those built as part of the New Town Development to cottages built in 1897 we face a variety of challenges. The role will support the team and wider Housing Service to ensure we meet our statutory responsibilities as a building owner and landlord. We have an ambitious planned investment programme to improve our homes over the next four years and this role will be key in ensuring the works we provide are compliant and in line with regulatory guidance. You will be involved in shaping the team as we respond to the current and future challenges faced by the housing sector.
- Foster excellent internal and external working relationship with residents, councillors, partnering contractors, stakeholders and regulators to enhance service delivery.
- Develop policies and procedures which reflect current and pending legislation around health & safety and compliance activities.
- Measure and monitor our compliance activities and deliver improvements
- Ensure data around compliance is maintained, accessible and can provide information to manage risk as well as inform future works and expenditure.
- Lead on safety & compliance related matters including fire safety, asbestos management, water hygiene, gas, electrical installations, lifting operations and management of high risk buildings.
- Ensure works on our homes are carried out safely and in line with legislation, guidance and good practice.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and managing of partnering contracts in relation to compliance activities such as gas servicing.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Possess a degree level qualification or equivalent through relevant training/significant experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body and H&S qualification such as NEBOSH
- Proven experience within social housing in relation to compliance and health & safety
- Able to lead, develop, motivate and manage teams of direct staff and contractors delivering a variety of services
- Strong and well-reasoned analytical and decision-making skills, and the ability and self-assurance to report to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of assessing risks and advising on measures to mitigate and manage them
- Experience of managing and monitoring significant capital and revenue budgets
- Able to manage complex maintenance and investment projects, mitigating risks during the delivery of the works and ensuring outcomes meet all appropriate standards.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Government and compliance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes