The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £360.5m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector. Last year we launched our Guinness Strategy which aims to deliver 7500 new homes by 2023 and so it’s a great time to join us for this next exciting chapter in our story.
Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
We have vacancies for 3 Electricians to join our Responsive team covering the North West area. These are full time, (39 hours per week), permanent vacancies.
- Install service and maintain appropriate systems and appliances in commercial and domestic premises as well as carry out programmed maintenance and servicing in commercial and domestic premises.
- Conduct relevant, testing, safety inspection reports, electrical certification, fault finding and remedial works.
- Provide accurate daily working information on operational activities, electronically or otherwise, in a consistent manner to comply with regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with company procedures and policies, Health and Safety, control of hazardous materials, in line with COSHH regulations and PPE.
- Ensure the company vehicle meets the Guinness standard by keeping it in clean condition, ensuring regular maintenance checks are undertaken and any necessary records and stock are maintained.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained and certificated with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying safeguarding concerns and following the safeguarding procedures, making appropriate referrals.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Certificated qualifications and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 230v.
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety Practices.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- ECS/JiB – Graded Electrician.
- Other building trade skills in addition to main trade.
- Proven knowledge and experience in electrical fixed wire testing, installing and maintaining up to 400v.
- City and Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 (or NVQ Level 3).
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria