4 days left
- Organisation Type
- Developer / builder
Salary: £37,220 - 43,779 pa
Location: Mobile worker covering Mid Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join our team to help ensure the effective & efficient delivery of our responsive maintenance service. This is a mobile role managing properties in the mid Sussex area.
About the Role
You'll take personal responsibility for the delivery of a patch based professional surveying service for responsive repairs, voids, aids and adaptations, all including more complex reactive casework; and carry out the diagnostic inspections,& surveys in accordance with Group practice.
Other duties include:
- Preparing accurate technical advice and liaising with an in-house service provider, contractors and consultants to ensure the very best service
- Providing competent & thorough surveys and reports on all matters (day to day maintenance, major works voids and aids & adaptations), and in accordance with governing Group standards
- Managing and coordinating matters arising from disrepair and property related insurance claims
- Producing professional written reports
- Familiarity with industry standards for the specific performance of the duties of this role including Price Per Property cost model, Schedule of Rates, operational regulatory framework, health & safety (including asbestos)
- All personal risk assessments completed/reviewed and relevant action taken to mitigate risk.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree, HNC/HND level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline, and preferably with membership of a relevant profession body e.g. RICS or CIOB. You'll have experience of working within the Social Housing Sector and awareness of its regulation, and a demonstrable knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, health & safety and other legislation relevant to asset management.
You'll also need to be able to demonstrate a flexible approach, excellent communication and negotiation with strong customer care skills to deal effectively with our residents/stakeholders on a daily basis
If this is a good match to your skills and experience then we look forward to hearing from you
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Closing Date: Friday 25th September 2020 at midnight
You can download the role profile here - Surveyor
In the event that we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close this advert early.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship.