Financial Accounting Manager
Role Title: Financial Accounting Manager
Team: CR - Finance
Directorate: Corporate Resources
Recruiting Manager: Matthew Palmer
Contract: Fixed term (12 Months)
Closing Date: 28/09/2020
This is an overview of the role:
To ensure the HCA complies with its financial, statutory and regulatory requirements, including annual accounts, audit, government accounting and VAT.
The successful person will be responsible for:
• Contributing to the management of the annual accounts and audit process to timetable and be one of the points of contact for the NAO.
• Preparation of annual accounts including underlying working papers and analyses as required.
• Responsibility to the Senior Manager – Financial Accounting for compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements relating to accounting and VAT
• Compliance with VAT regulations and requirements, including analysis and preparation of VAT return.
• Maintaining Agency’s database of financial information on fixed and development assets and provide delivery teams with related information as required.
• Working with delivery teams to identify, monitor and value overage and other land based financial instruments for the purpose of inclusion in the annual accounts. This will ensure that monitoring and recording systems are sufficient for Agency’s needs.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Recognised professional accountancy qualification, such as CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA.
• Substantial experience of running year end accounts closure process.
• Property/housing sector experience desirable.
• The ability to work collaboratively. Working across teams to complete the task.
• Ambition. Ability to juggle competing demands.