Clerk of Works
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 3 years Guinness plans to build a large number of new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
We are keen to speak to experienced Clerk of Works, or construction and trade professionals with a passion for delivering a high standard of build quality and compliance throughout the construction process.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clerk of Works to join our development team covering the South West of England. Specific areas you will be covering will include Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to influence how we manage the delivery of our major, complex development and regeneration projects. Reporting to the Construction Design & Quality Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for:
• Monitoring the quality of all materials and workmanship ensuring compliance with the building contract/development agreement and drawings/specifications. Carry out all snagging and technical inspections to ensure completion to required standard.
• Ensuring the Employers Agent and their representatives undertake the relevant number of inspections. Working with the Employers Agent to advise of potential problems and establish satisfactory construction outcomes.
• Working in close partnership with the contractor and consultancy team, to support the overall objectives of construction to time, cost and quality of the project.
• Ensuring the Golden Thread of information and detailing is well managed and documented appropriately.
• Keeping accurate records on site and report regularly to the Guinness project manager. Provide specific contract and general technical support to the team.
• Proven construction experience in either a trade role or supervisory/ management role.
• Knowledge of current building regulations.
• Proven customer service experience.
• Good attention to detail.
• Knowledge of contractual and non-contractual defects.
• Technical construction skills.
• Appropriate Construction Skills certification Card (CSCS) Card.
• Minimum HNC/HND in Construction, Surveying of the Built Environment
• Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works (ICWCI) or CIOB, RICS (any membership grade, including student)
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
• Competitive Salary of £39,366 rising to £41,438 after 12 months
• 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
• Amazing career development opportunities
• Access to Simply Health scheme
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Access to Employee assistance programme
• Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
• Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
• Thank you awards - by nomination
• Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Asset management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Construction Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Design Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)