Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that manages 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Surveyor to join our West Regional team. The successful candidate will work to deliver our planned and major work programs ensuring effective procurement, delivery, technical compliance and project governance, while ensuring Hastoe maintains and repairs our properties striving for value for money and in accordance with the legal requirements.
The areas you will cover for this role include Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Chichester, East and West Sussex.
Other duties will include:
- Deputise for the Property Services Manager in their absence or as otherwise required.
- Actively contribute to the development of key strategies such as Resident Involvement, Customer First, and Asset Management Strategy
- Prepare reports as required for senior management, Executive Team, Board and Sub Committees
- Actively involve residents in project planning and delivery such as, specifications, procuring new services, quality control and other service enhancements.
- Provide professional advice externally on behalf of Hastoe including: Litigation, Expert Witness, Party Wall and advising on boundary disputes.
- Preparing specifications, schedules of works, drawings, material and workmanship sections and contract documents for tendering or pricing by contractors to meet Hastoe’s planned maintenance and major works programmes.
- Take the lead as Contract Administrator and Project Manager for each project.
- Plan and complete stock condition inspections to provide high levels of data quality, enabling effective asset management planning, performance monitoring and improvement of the supply chain to meet resident satisfaction.
- Work in partnership with colleagues in responsive repairs picking up repair works, post inspections and satisfaction surveys where required and assisting with more challenging and difficult to diagnose response repair issues.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, residents and other Hastoe departments.
What we are looking for
You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of building construction, The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- HNC, HND or degree level qualification in building construction related subject, Professional Qualification such as MRICS, RIBA, MCIOB.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience or equivalent
- Experience of managing projects using term contracts and SOR’s
- Understanding of building pathology and ability to diagnose complex building related defects.
- Good report and specification writing, experience of ISO9000 accreditation
- Be commercially astute, socially aware and committed to excellent customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos
- Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS)
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
- Able to set and achieve high standards, be self-motivated and resilient under pressure
For more information on the role, please see the job description.
Your salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible working opportunities, discounts and pension scheme.
Annual Leave: 25 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
Please send your CV, supporting statement and an answer to the question below in less than 500 words to email@example.com by 04 October 2020.
- You have received four tender returns for a major works project tendered as a JCT Minor Works Contract. Two have mathematical errors and two have qualifications. How would you approach this situation and on what basis would you appoint a contractor?
Initial Interviews will be held via Zoom on 15 October 2020.
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to background checks.
Apply for Senior Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly