Multi Skilled Technician
2 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £360.5m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector. Last year we launched our Guinness Strategy which aims to deliver 7500 new homes by 2023 and so it’s a great time to join us for this next exciting chapter in our story.
Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
We have a vacancy for a Plumber to cover the Derbyshire area in our Repairs and Empty Homes team. This is a permanent full-time vacancy
- Deliver high standards of work, relevant to the primary trade required for this role.
- Carry out associated secondary trade activities within acceptable quality standards to support Guinness’s KPIs for a first-time fix.
- Contribute to the delivery of a great customer service and the achievement of operational KPIs.
- Provide accurate working information on operational activities, electronically or otherwise, in accordance with legislative and company requirements and procedures.
- Assess risks prior to carrying out work and take appropriate Health and Safety measures to ensure personal safety and the safety of our customers and colleagues.
- Take personal responsibility for the condition and appearance of the Company vehicle to ensure it complies with regulatory and Guinness standards.
- Ensure that accurate records are kept of van stock so that stock levels are appropriately maintained.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained and certificated with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by ensuring safeguarding procedures are followed and safeguarding concerns are appropriately identified, monitored and reported.
- Demonstrable competence within required primary trade.
- Various multi-trade skills and experience, enough to enable the completion of repairs at the first visit (first time fix).
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to operate safely having taken into account any environmental circumstances and possible risks.
- Demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours.
- Experience of working within the social housing sector.
- NVQ Level 3 (City & Guilds) Trade Qualification or equivalent recognised competency in the required trade.
To be considered for this vacancy, you must live within 30 miles of a Chesterfield postcode. This will enable us to provide a timely and efficient service to our customers..
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria.