Position: Asset Surveyor
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Salary: £30,253 to £33,614 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greenacre Recruitment are working alongside Two Saints to recruit a permanent Asset Surveyor.
Two Saints offer support to people who are homeless, vulnerable or at risk of becoming homeless, and who need help to get back on their feet. Their services include safe, flexible and reliable client led housing and support with a focus on reducing homelessness, improving health and wellbeing and building on individual’s skills and resilience to break the cycle of homelessness, poverty and exclusion.
Two Saints work across Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton and Sussex.
- Ensure Two Saints deliver an excellent asset management service – ensuring all building assets are safe, meet all relevant standards and the needs of their customers.
- Assist with the development of programmes to maintain and improve all building assets.
- Develop specifications and appoint contractors in accordance with financial regulations, health and safety and equal opportunities legislation, policies and procedures.
- Manage the delivery of all repairs and maintenance and improvement activities and programmes including post inspections of completed works.
- Be responsible for managing contractors ensuring they deliver in an efficient and client focused way.
- Proactively manage performance and finance providing regular reports on performance to the strategic asset manager.
- Provide technical support for new property acquisitions and/or refurbishments.
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues providing them with technical support and guidance as required.
- Provide technical input to the Health and Safety committee.
- Support the strategic asset manager in the development of the asset management strategy, providing information on condition and performance of building assets and colleague and customer feedback.
- Ensure Two Saints’ have a detailed understanding of all gas safety, electricity, asbestos, fire risk, legionella and other building risks.
- Manage activities and develop programmes to ensure compliance with all landlord health & safety and asset-related regulatory expectations across all our building assets. Help keep staff up-to-date with all relevant standards, landlord health and safety legislation and good practice through information, coaching and training.
- Ensure all information and data related to building risks are formally documented and managed in accordance with building risk management framework and business assurance / internal controls arrangements.
- Support the culture of data integrity across the organisation through personal actions and effective management of activities and programmes.
- Support the culture of collaboration and consultation with colleagues and clients with particular focus on delivery of planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Building qualification, e.g. RICS or qualified by experience.
- Experience of a similar role within social housing.
- Experience of managing contractors and other external consultants to deliver programmes of planned and cyclical maintenance.
- Ability to analyse and process technical data.
- A good understanding and use of IT.
- Knowledge of legislation and best practice in relation to landlord health and safety.
- Have a high level of communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Fareham
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Fareham
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Fareham
- Project management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Fareham
- Surveying Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Fareham