We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our Guinness 2023 Strategy is all about our vision for creating and maintaining an amazing organisation, both for our customers and our employees. We will focus on delivering our vision to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them – by delivering great customer service, providing great homes and care services, being a great place to work and being a great business.
As our business evolves, we have a new opportunity for a Communications Officer to join our team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Communications you will be planning and delivering successful, high quality marketing and communications projects across digital and non-digital platforms. You will play an important role in helping us to achieve our business priorities and goals by creating clear, consistent and engaging content, campaigns, and marketing materials for both internal employees and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to and/or lead on integrated communications projects, working with other teams, external organisations and suppliers to deliver objectives to a high standard and on time.
- Communicate effective, accurate and consistent messages to internal and external audiences in a timely manner.
- Produce excellent written materials including news articles, blogs, promotional copy, reports and other communications.
- Create and curate high quality, engaging content for a range of digital and non-digital communication channels, including our intranet, websites, newsletters, events and social media.
- Co-ordinate and support the design and creation of documents, presentations, marketing materials, corporate publications and digital media including infographics, photography and videos.
- Monitor, measure and report on the results of communications activities, and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Conduct marketing research, including competitor analysis, and surveys or focus groups with staff and customers.
- Keep up-to-date with new communications trends and techniques
- Be a champion for the Guinness brand, ensuring it is applied consistently and effectively across all communications.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, senior managers, wider business teams, and external stakeholders.
- Day-to-day admin, including responding to internal and external enquiries, mail merges, organising and attending meetings, writing agendas and/or minutes, and updating communications databases.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with a proven ability to write engaging, concise content for a range of audiences
- Highly creative, with proven experience delivering successful content for integrated digital and non-digital communications channels, including web, social media, print and newsletters.
- Professional, organised, and able to plan and deliver projects on time and to a high standard.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience producing campaign reports and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail, with a keen eye for consistency and design.
- Able to work flexibly, prioritise a diverse workload, and multi-task against tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish excellent working relationships.
- Proactive and able to work in a team, and on own initiative.
- Excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Skills in digital advertising and website marketing, including Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, SEO, Google Analytics and CMS systems.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with audiences that are geographically dispersed and who have limited IT access.
- Knowledge of the adult social care sector.
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional qualification
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make Guinness Care a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £29,013 per annum
- 24 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- A varied Staff Recognition Awards scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.