New Business Manager
Our Client requires a New Business Manager / Land Buyer to work in their development department focusing on increasing the pipeline of new build developments. This will be on an initial 6-month contract – based from home until offices reopen. The organisation operates across 15 local authority areas in the South East. The post would suit someone who has experience of working in a housing association development team in a similar role and will be able to hit the ground running.
The role involves:
• Identifying opportunities and negotiating land and property acquisitions to support delivery of the Group’s development programme for both private sale and affordable properties
• Identifying opportunities to acquire land with or without consent to be held in the land-bank
• Building and maintaining close working relationships with agents, local authorities, consultants, private developers and other relevant organisations.
• Preparing and submitting accurate and professional bids and tenders, in accordance with stipulated criteria and timescales
• Leading the negotiation, due diligence and land acquisition process
• Directing and overseeing the professional design, planning, legal and construction teams to progress prospective schemes through the detailed planning process
• Working as part of a team, reporting to the Head of New Business.
You will need:
• Demonstrable experience of identifying opportunities for the purchase of land or property
• Experience of negotiating land and property purchases
• Experience of submitting professional bids and tenders
• Experience of writing reports and maintain accurate records
• Good communication skills
• The ability to interact and build productive relationships internally and externally
How To Apply
Please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search before Tuesday 6th October 2020.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call Phil Foster at Ocean Edge Executive Search.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up today at Ocean Edge to receive job alerts direct to your inbox