Financial Transaction Officer
At Origin, we are here to provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. We want to grow our 6,500 homes and provide more care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. With a turnover of £56m, we work with our residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The main purpose of this role is to perform all accounts receivable and payable procedures as required to a high standard of quality and in a timely efficient manner.
What you will do:
- Process tenant payments to Orchard, ensuring that the Housing Management and the Finance system are accurate and updated on a timely basis.
- Upload Supporting People, Housing Benefit and Universal Credit payments schedules
- Process and post rent and other adjustments to the rent ledger.
- Process payments and invoices against purchase orders accurately and timely as per company procedures.
- Deal with accounts payable and receivable queries from internal and external customers to ensure quick resolution
- Process BACS and cheque payments requests. Dispatch remittance advices for payments
- Import data into Finance system (SUN) from Housing Management system resolving any coding issues where necessary.
- Set up and maintain sundry debtor accounts
- Process tenant refunds and adjustment forms and record in Finance system (SUN)
- Process Council Tax and Utility bills payments
- Monitor outstanding invoices and generate reports detailing invoices not yet authorised by budget holders.
- Monitor creditor’s accounts and identify creditors with debit balances, chase creditors for payment.
- Accurate reconciliation of bank accounts, cash books and suspense accounts by comparing transactions to the general ledger and ensure all reconciling items are posted to the ledger in a timely manner.
What you will need:
- Previous accounting administration experience
- Proven working experience of accounts payable or receivable.
- Previous experience of financial systems
- Understanding of payments, accounting and budgeting
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets the role profile. To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk. This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date.
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 4 October 2020
Interview and assessment date: 12 October 2020