Project & Quality Manager (Legal & General Affordable Homes)
Legal & General Affordable Home has a requirement for a Project & Quality Manager to manage the delivery of a number of s106-delivered affordable schemes, from legal contracting of the opportunity to practical completion and snagging.
You will report to the Head of Development (or Deputy Head of Development) and work alongside the Customer Care team, the Technical Advisor, Operations teams, external Lawyers, Sales team, EA and Finance teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the projects.
Please note, regular travel across Kent, Sussex and Surrey will be required.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the Head of Development (and Deputy Head of Development) and working with Finance and Operations teams, support the full and successful delivery of s106 –led affordable housing schemes.
- Ensure that the approved contractual arrangements are in place for each project and that the contract arrangements are in accordance with the approvals.
- Instructing and managing the employers’ agent for each project and ensuring that the employers’ agent is effectively managing the schemes and payments.
- Be responsible for the monthly reforecasting of programmes and payments in relation to each scheme.
- Being responsible for monthly project updates to finance, operations, sales and customer care, so the other teams can plan their resources in relation to the projects.
- Administering the contracting and payments process in relation to each project.
- Liaising with the relevant developer of each site, to ensure that all aspects of the development are being implemented in accordance with the agreed plans and programmes.
- Conduct any negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times as well as ensuring that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and with the adopted policies and procedures.
What we're looking for:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Preferable to have a project management qualification
- Project management of housing and development schemes
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Effective project management and risk management
- Good experience in contract management
- Knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision making processes
- Project management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 programmes
- Financial management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 programmes
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- Commercial project manager that works collaterally with colleagues within the business and with the professional team and the client
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.