Manager - Guarantees Risk
Role Title: Manager - Guarantees Risk
Salary: £30,755 - £59,459
Directorate: Corporate Resources
Recruiting Manager: Ewa Cowling
Contract: Fixed Term (12 Months)
Closing Date: 09/10/2020
This is an overview of the role:
Homes England has responsibility for the delivery of a number of Housing Guarantee Schemes on behalf of MHCLG including the Affordable Housing Guarantee Scheme (AHGS) the Private Rented Sector Guarantee Scheme (PRSGS) and ENABLE Build Guarantee Scheme collectively totalling c.£11bn of commitments.
In addition Homes England will be focused on developing new Guarantee Products and Programmes to help support the delivery of Housing within the UK. The Guarantees Risk Team will need to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure new programmes are developed appropriately both in terms of Risk Appetite and operational strategy. The purpose of the role of Manager Risk Guarantees is to support the Head of Team and Assistant Director with risk management activities across the entire Guarantees portfolio. The role demands strong awareness of credit risk, an understanding of Housing Policy and understanding of the Real Estate Sector as a whole.
The successful person will be responsible for:
• Supporting risk inputs into delivery of the remaining £4bn of government housing guarantees capacity, helping with design and implementation of new products and strategies in conjunction with teams across Homes England and wider stakeholders.
• Developing a a good understanding of current government housing policy, together with wider understanding of the housing market and its multiple sub sectors including PRS/ BTR, Affordable Housing and Development Lending.
• Liaising with internal stakeholders including Investment, Legal, Procurement and Finance colleagues across the Agency and MHCLG to progress new guarantee products and guarantee transactions through the approval and implementation process.
• Supporting establishing the ongoing governance for new and existing products within the wider Agency framework to ensure 1st, 2nd and 3rd line roles and responsibilities are established and effective. The role holder is expected to contribute to discussions as subject matter expert on credit matters and credit processes in particular.
• Contributing to new programme development, you will be expected to take a leading role on the management of the existing Guarantee Programmes. Performing Credit Risk assessments on new proposals typically opining on capital and debt structure, financial metrics, asset quality and Sponsor quality. Conducting due diligence on each application to fully understand the material risk issues and seeking advice from the Senior Managers where required.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Relevant experience in a lending or investment institution could include relationship management, credit policy development, risk management frameworks, communication and managing credit processes. Experience of working within either Credit or Relationship Management or Portfolio Management functions within a financial institution is an advantage.
• Real Estate Finance knowledge (investment and/or development across commercial and/or residential markets). Ability to assess risk trends both internally and externally using market information.
• Knowledge of the UK housing market (new build, rented and affordable segments), regeneration, planning and development processes/issues, together with an appreciation of Government’s housing strategy.
The ability to focus on results:
• Achieves results through a positive approach.
• Focuses on goals and targets.
• Looks critically at systems, policies, processes and procedures.
• Is able to contextualise KOPs and use to drive successful outcomes and improvements.
• Enables effective teamwork by encouraging the team to achieve more through combined efforts than by the sum of all their individual parts.
• Ensures Performance Management processes are used to support and improve staff development, competency and results
Analysis and Planning Values:
• Thinks logically and analytically to get to the core of problems; manages and assimilates complex information resulting in effective decisions based on sound commercial knowledge and expertise.
• Works quickly and accurately through the planning and prioritising of own workload.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive & Senior Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)