Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for over 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join our Development Team and we’re looking for an experienced and driven Commercial Manager, to help us deliver a programme of up to 1,000 homes each year. Based from either our Manchester, Crewe or Sheffield office, but with flexible working arrangements, you’ll provide commercial expertise to support high quality developments, from inception through to the end of the defects period, across the North of England whilst delivering effective procurement for new homes and promoting an effective approach towards Building Safety.
Reporting to our Construction Director and working alongside our Commercial Manager in the South and our Construction, Design and Quality Team, you’ll ensure projects run to established budgets, and provide accurate and timely reporting of budget variance, providing advice on mitigation where necessary, Undertake monthly cost and value reconciliations comparing actual spend to forecast, reporting all variances to line management and Undertake value engineering of scheme costs to achieve best value whilst maintaining the quality set out in the Design Guide and Employers Requirements.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing the budgets of multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical background,
- Ability to accurately report against budget and communicate the findings to senior management.
- Excellent, up to date, practical knowledge of the construction process
- Working knowledge of JCT forms of Contract.
- Appropriate qualification in Quantity Surveying / Building Management. (HNC/HND in Building Studies)
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive salary of £61,363 rising to £64,593 after 12 months.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Choice of Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution Pension.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits.
- Eye test vouchers
- Professional qualification support.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Purchase additional leave.
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from ‘gross’ salary, before tax and NI deducted.
- A wealth of Learning & Development opportunities.