Assistant Support Worker - Downshire Cottages - Wokingham
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunityfor a part time (15hours a week) Assistant Support Workerat a supported living service in Wokingham which is home to one service user and staff provide1:1 care on a two week rolling rota basis.We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you`ll support service users with their day to day needs to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. This will involve assisting individuals with:
- personal care needs
- mealtimes and social activities
- attending appointments and maintaining their health and well-being
- promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- support in any other areas of their daily living.
As an Assistant Support Worker, you`ll follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a highly effective service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults. Desired qualities will include:
- Effective communicator using different methods according to the complex needs of those in your care.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Support Worker is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
- Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of the services we provide, as is a clear commitment to equality and diversity
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £9.11per hour plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Wokingham
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Wokingham
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Wokingham
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Wokingham
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Wokingham