Private Sector Housing Officer P/T
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Private Sector Housing Officer to assist in the delivery of a wide range of services including private sector housing enforcement, empty homes and caravan site licencing.
You must hold a degree or diploma in Environmental Health, or an HNC in Housing Practice (or equivalent). Current experience in private sector housing is essential.
Competency in the use of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System and enforcement of private sector housing legislation is highly desirable.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Working in a housing or construction related discipline
- Undertaking detailed housing inspections and preparing schedules of work
- Checking construction work for defects
- Enforcement of private sector housing legislation
- Use of computerised software systems, including word, excel, outlook.
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has good planning, organisational and communication skills
- The ability to maintain clear and concise records
- The ability to make considered decisions
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Has good customer care skills
What you need to know:
The post holder must be able to undertake site inspections
Should you wish to have an informal chat, please contact Sarah North on 0115 917 3092
Our preferred method for applying for jobs is online at www.broxtowe.gov.uk.
If this is not possible, application packs can be obtained by contacting The Recruitment Team, Human Resources Division on 0115 9173372/3342
Please quote reference No: H82b
Closing date: Wednesday 28 October 2020 at 5.00pm
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Nottingham
- Asset management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Nottingham
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Nottingham
- Construction Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Nottingham
- Health and safety Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Nottingham