At Origin, we are here to provide safe, decent homes that people can afford, neighbourhoods people are proud to live in, and care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. We currently own and manage almost 7,000 homes in London and Hertfordshire with plans to build over 1,000 new homes. Our aim is to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
This role will involve working with the Estate Services Manager to lead and motivate the cleaning and caretaking team to deliver high quality and cost efficient estate services. The aim is to deliver customer satisfaction for a regional area of Origin Housing Stock with flexibility to cover another region when required.
What you’ll do:
- To manage estate-based Caretakers and Cleaners, carrying out 1-2-1’s, appraisals, and managing performance as appropriate.
- Carry out day-to-day supervision of the Caretaking and Cleaning team, carrying out visits, inspections, spot checks etc, striving for continuous improvement to standards of cleanliness and repair on the estates.
- Co-ordinate cover for staff absence and assisting colleagues where needed ensuring cover at all sites at all times.
What you’ll need:
- Staff performance management experience.
- Significant experience of working in a supervisory role.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Experience in budget management
- It would be an advantage to have BICS Training and IT Skills
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets the role profile. To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk. This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date.
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 27/10/2020
Interview and assessment date: 06/11/2020 and 09/11/2020